If you got here through some happy accident right click and save this link! Tim's Own Thing Blog

Monday, July 25, 2005

I Do Windows

Just not by choice. My mom's computer was severely buggered (and yes my british friends I know what that means to you) and I just couldn't see any course of action short of a reformat wipe. It took almost four minutes to respond to a ctrl-alt-del and the stuff that was running that should not have been wouldn't shut down. In fact it wouldn't allow the computer to shut down. Where this nasty piece of business came from I have no clue, but it has been dispatched now.

Overall I am rapidly becoming an advocate of pure online storage. Reformatting regularly just seems like the best defense.

1 Comments:

At 9:56 PM, Blogger Will said...

Is there any other defence against computer viruses? (Besides Linux of course!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home