If you got here through some happy accident right click and save this link! Tim's Own Thing Blog

Friday, July 15, 2005

Stealing a Laugh

Today I really wanted the blog to be funny. Now I talk a good fight about how the difference between a writer and just someone who writes is that a true writer just writes when they need to. They don't 'wait to be inspired' or whatever they just write.

So this morning the shoe was on the other foot, which was clearly in my mouth. I caught myself saying 'well, I can't just be funny because I want to...' I'm not sure if that is right or not. Johnny Carson did, Jay Leno does, night in night out. There are numerous other examples too.

Anyway, I looked for something funny rolling around in my head all day and din't really find much. I did see this on a license plate frame though:

"THANK YOU OFFICER"

"JUST PUT IT ON MY TAB"

Now that I thought was funny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home