If you got here through some happy accident right click and save this link! Tim's Own Thing Blog

Monday, July 11, 2005

Good To Be Back

Writing is hard work sometimes. I'm glad I took the break I did. I learned that it seems so nice to not be pushing the ideas and the pen...but that in fairly short order life gets crazy. I understand now the artist who just 'paints because they have to' or the musician. I've got one of those touchstone comments that I keep in my head...

Eric Clapton was auctioning off his guitars for a charity he was involved in. Someone asked if he was retiring, and he didn't really know. Then they said 'well, if you aren't what are you going to do about having sold all your guitars?'

He said that he wasn't selling them all. He kept the twenty or so that he plays every day.

Writing isn't engrained in me like that yet, but it is getting close.

1 Comments:

At 7:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to have you back! ...anyway, it's not like you're auctioning off pieces of your keyboard and keeping only the ones you use more often... ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home