If you got here through some happy accident right click and save this link! Tim's Own Thing Blog

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

That's craziness?

I need to start watching the news I think. I usually subscribe to the theory that anything really important I will find out about, either through the headlines on my home page or from hearing it on the radio. But I have to counteract the dizzy dimwit on my girlfriend's radio station in the morning. I shut her off as soon as Laurie leaves for work, but it is hard to tell what kind of misinformation I'm hearing through my mostly closed ears.

Last night I caught a few minutes of entertainment news on television, mostly by accident. There was Tom Cruise getting squirted with water. Seemingly every morning I've been hearing how he 'went crazy' over this, so I paused to watch. The guy never lost his smile, and proceeded to ask the question with no answer; "why would you do that?" Since there is no good justifying answer he provided a likely one, the guy is a jerk. This is 'going crazy'? Tearing the guy's throat out and claiming that it was a reflex because you were just talking about the latest Batman movie in the limo and had the Joker's acid squirting flower on your mind...that's crazy, but technically might work as a legal defense. Pulling the kind of prank you might get away with with a close friend on a complete stranger...that's crazy, and the jerk should be expected to take whatever consequences fall out of it. Thinking the guy is a jerk and being willing to say so...that makes sense to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home