If you got here through some happy accident right click and save this link! Tim's Own Thing Blog

Monday, June 20, 2005

Judgment Impaired

This is for anyone who thinks drinking doesn't have such a bad effect on judgment that you ought not drive...though perhaps this guy was just stupid to start with.

I was getting ready to go to my girlfriend's house over the weekend, and she told me that there were some streets closed because of some sort of accidents. Not just one accident. Accidents. On two different approaches to her neighborhood. I made it okay, and didn't think much about it again until this morning when they were talking about it on the radio. One of the accidents was a hit and run collision, and the other was the end of the chase.

Don't get me wrong. I have a sports car that was originally built to go fast, and it has a racing motor with 40% more horsepower than the original. Under the right circumstances I might consider trying my luck if there was an abundance of choices of direction I could go before the cop got close enough to see where I went, but for the most part even I have to concede that the chase can only come to one conclusion when radio armed cops are on the case.

This time there was really no need to even test the guy for alcohol. I would pretty much assume you are drunk when you try to outrun the police in a twenty-eight foot motor home!

1 Comments:

At 8:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Truth be known a lot of drug runners use vehicles such as moter homes when transporting drugs interstate (do not ask how I know this please). They do so because in areas outside of California, texas, and Washington they are less likely to get pulled over. Usually the assuption is they are just a family travelling through.

However the three states I mentioned, have an over abundance of people living in mobile homes. This means cops will pull them over as fast as anyone else. It is a high possability as you said, this guy wasn't drunk, just stupid from the start.

Also another fact I know, again don't ask, is that more then 95% of police chases, end with the individual losing the police. Sad isn't it? You'd think all the high tech computers and police radio's would stop this, but thats not the case at all. Most often shutting off ones headlights and driving like a loonatic will eiher get you killed, or get you away. For a drug runner, its worth the risk.

In fact, a good friend of mine recently crashed a $120,000 lexus right into the side of someones house. The end result was he got caught because his car took the place of a structure beam and if the car was moved, the house would have fallen. This was well over his 500th police chase, and the first time he got caught. However because he was drunk, he got away wit it. Go figure that one out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home