If you got here through some happy accident right click and save this link! Tim's Own Thing Blog

Thursday, June 02, 2005

It Would Be So Easy...

To hate women.

I stopped on my way home this morning to put gas in the car and air in a tire. Initially I went for air first, but seeing the fifty cents or free with gas sign I recognized gas first would be better. Backing away from the air machine involved backing across a driveway. Naturally in the midst of this someone turned in the driveway. Two cars needing to occupy the same space at the same time; me, the harmless simpleton who has nothing in particular going for me except the fact that my car was already there, and Miss oh-my-God doesn't he know I'm on my way to work.

So as soon as I'm back far enough to turn for the pumps she roars by in front of me, and I peacefully go about getting gas, thankful that looks can't really peel paint off a car. She glares and glowers in a variety of unattractive styles the whole time she is putting gas in her car.

The many wonderful women in my life are now saying 'you can't hate women in general just because one is like that'...and they are right, to a point. But the thing is society in America trains women to be like that. Boys know by the time they are fifteen, twenty at the oldest that running around giving people looks like that will get you in fights, and unless you by chance are the toughest guy in town (limited odds there) you will soon be giving those looks out your earhole. Girls know boys don't hit girls.

Looks like that are really meant to be knocked back from whence they came. I wonder if there is some peaceful way to get that across.

2 Comments:

At 9:17 AM, Blogger Marsha Loftis said...

Women can be evil stay away from them. I would rather have an argument with a man than a woman.

 
At 10:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tim, you should have slapped her. Just kidding, you handeled that situation very well. Women are a very interesting gender and they seem to be bitter. Men just hit each other and get it over with. Women hold on to things for a long time. It least it seems that way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home