If you got here through some happy accident right click and save this link! Tim's Own Thing Blog

Friday, May 20, 2005

The Quick Tour

I've made a few minor changes around here; dusted some corners and spruced some things up, added a few knick-knacks. Obviously the main blog body here just scrolls along, so the changes are all over there in the sidebar.

First off my 'counter' idea died a sorrowful death. Making a template change every day to keep it accurate just never really happened, so I axed it. I'm looking for a bit of free code that I can use to make that work, but for now it is a dead issue. Where the counter used to be is a link to my new blog, written with bloggers and want to be bloggers in mind. If you want to know about starting, maintaining, and marketing blogs it is full of useful stuff, and I'll be building a small blog directory there.

I also put in an ad. I've had ads on Arvil Bren's Journal for a long time but never put the coding in here before. There were not that many readers here, and most of them were reading Arvil Bren anyway so if they were willing to help me out by clicking ads they did it there. Now this site is up to a Google pagerank of three, and has a fair number of links and readers that are not Arvil Bren fans, so I added it. I think it is tasteful and unobtrusive, but I hope everyone can and will find it. It is a 'pay per click' system, so if you can't find it it does me no good. Google is really good about providing ads that relate to the content of the page so there should be interesting stuff over there.

At the bottom of the sidebar is a short list of links. In Blogology I talk about why it is a short list from a blogging and marketing perspective, but aside from those aspects I don't want links I don't really follow myself. I don't look at the inspirational quote every day, but it's always nice when I do. I deleted one of the serial fiction links. It was to a directory that wasn't just serials and I wasn't sure about the consistency of their maintenance. I added a link to Agent Rusty Bones, which is a serial about an undead guy who investigates paranormal stuff for the FBI. I think. I haven't had time to read it yet, but it was recommended by Madie, who writes Bear Tribe.Net. That I do read regularly. Anyone who finds or writes a serial of any kind let me know and I will add a link.

Anyway, it's the end of another week. I enjoy what I write and I hope you do too. See ya Monday!

1 Comments:

At 10:08 AM, Blogger Agent Bones said...

Tim,

Thanks for the plug on Agent Rusty Bones...there is a fiction blog ring that you and Madie might be interested in, you can find the reference for it at the bottom of my blog. There are currently 37 other 'fiction blogs' on the ring. Just click on the 'join' button and you learn how.

Keep up with the good work.

If you want, i think I can provide you a link to a free counter that updates automatically, if you want it, it was pretty easy to install as well.

Rusty

 

Post a Comment

<< Home