If you got here through some happy accident right click and save this link! Tim's Own Thing Blog

Thursday, May 12, 2005

But I Didn't Learn Anything

I'm playing Blogshares. It's an on-line game and sort of run by the community of players. One thing players manage is assigning new blogs into catagories. On the profile page for the blog you click on a 'vote here' link and vote the blog into whatever catagories you think it fits. Your vote is then 'moderated'. I've recently been elevated into the lofty ranks of the moderators.

So this morning I click on 'moderate votes' and get my list of ten votes to check. They are presented anonymously so moderators don't just approve votes because they trust the voter. The first two votes are for the same blog, called Topless Blog. I click on the link to view the blog, but I have a pretty good idea where this is headed, considering that one of the catagories that got voted for was 'sex'. Sure enough, some enterprising blogger is posting the 'topless photo of the day'. It didn't take long to approve the vote for the 'sex' catagory.

I really wish I could ask the voter about their second vote. I disapproved it, but maybe they could argue their case. They voted for 'adult education'. Maybe they learned something?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home