If you got here through some happy accident right click and save this link! Tim's Own Thing Blog

Friday, April 29, 2005

Friday, three AM

I'm posting before I go to bed. Not the 'funny blog'...I've had a rough day. What I thought was a rough day.

There's a thing called BlogExplosion. They are a 'traffic service'. This isn't news to a lot of you...they brought you here. For those who got here some other way, BE's engine sends people here and gives them a little counter at the top...if they stay 30 seconds they get 'credit', and the engine sends people to their site based on those credits.

I don't know if BlogExplosion generates any traffic of value or not. I can only look at myself, and a lot of times I'm just doing the thirty second shuffle. Things catch my eye and I'll stay longer, but mostly it's about moving on. Sometimes I think I'd like to go back and check out something at greater length or keep up with some particularly interesting blogger...but there's a catch...the address will show up as BE, not the site itself. So I added that 'save this link' line at the top for you BE surfers in case any of you want to come back.

I thought about posting some commentary about blogsurfing a few times, and I really should be doing BlogExplosion more justice because they are a great service. They do send complete strangers to my blog, and sometimes those people come back, comment, become known to me. There is also a great adventure in surfing on BE...clicking that number to go to the next blog and never knowing if it will be a comic strip, photoblog, product reviews, recipes, amusing scenes from someones real life, or mad political rants from any or all points of view. I could make a dozen funny posts about surfing blogs...but not tonight.

I can't add this link to my 'serial fiction' list, because I believe it's a true story. I can't recommend it in a humorous entry, because it is so far from funny. What I can say is that I had every intention of surfing a dozen blogs or so and going to bed...around midnight. Then I saw this. I read it all. I did a search to get the direct link. I marked it so I can read the rest as it is written. It is disturbing, and I've never recommended a blog before, but I recommend this: http://www.63days.com

My day was not so rough. None of them really ever has been.
PS...don't click that link if you are at work, or have something to do in the next few hours...just in case.

1 Comments:

At 3:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi - got here through BlogExplosion. To make it easier to find the URLs for the sites you want to read later, a little tip. Blogmark them, then open your blogmarks and click on the site you want to see. When it comes up, at the top will be the option "Close Frame". If you click on Close Frame, then the BE address will disappear and the site's direct URL will show in the address bar of the browser.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home