If you got here through some happy accident right click and save this link! Tim's Own Thing Blog

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

And Film Still Exists Because?

I dropped off a roll of film for my girlfriend yesterday. I carried it in my pocket for two days and left it on my counter for three or four more first. Half of it is pictures of Sneakers the cat and Jack, taken recently. The first half I think she remembers, but I don't know what they are. That is how I remember getting film developed has always been. "Stand still, we need to finish this roll," seems to ring familiar.

It costs like twelve bucks to get these mysterious photos developed. I know some of them are no good. Jack and Sneakers close together for a photo are not the most stable composition elements. Basically we wanted one 'good one' to post on our family blog. I'll undoubtedly post one here too as a reward for those who slog through my rambling prose.

Twelve bucks. What does film cost anyway? I have no clue since I have never been much of a photo guy. Boxes of pictures that no one really looks at until you are dead just never made much sense to me. Of course when they have to be paid for just throwing them away would seem pretty hard I guess, so best left for the descendents to do.

But a picture is worth a thousand words, so they say. Buying film, getting it developed, stacks of irrelevant photos; that was the price for being able to say "This is Jack with Sneakers the cat. Aren't they cute?" We need a digital camera. How in the world do they still sell cameras that take film?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home