If you got here through some happy accident right click and save this link! Tim's Own Thing Blog

Thursday, April 14, 2005

Old Times

I took my brother to the airport yesterday. Most people hate the drive to LAX, and someone that lives the better part of a hundred miles away might be expected to hate it more than most. I have an ace in the hole though. The best people I ever worked with work in an office building right down the street, and every time I have to go to the airport it gives me an excuse to visit them.

I didn't work there very long, and most of the actual individuals I worked with have either moved on or didn't actually frequent the office in the first place, but just the atmosphere there can recharge batteries. They sell great lives. Every day they fly into the face of disbelief, sometimes hostile disbelief, but they never fail to deliver. It is by far the hardest job I ever had, and I've had a lot.

Hats off to my friends at Landmark Education. I love you all, whether I ever had the pleasure of actually meeting you or not.

2 Comments:

At 12:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Having lived in Pasadena myself for two years, I know what you mean, to an extent as we're a fair bit closer to LAX than you are. However, we always rode in those blue shuttle vans (forget the name, after all these years) as we didn't have a car back then. And of course, I remember my first glimpse of CA groundside. Walking out to the taxi/van/pickup area through the glass doors and seeing palm trees for the first time...:D

Even cooler for you though, you get a free boost in mood. May I ask what Landmark Ed. is?

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger Tim said...

www.landmarkeducation.com is probably the easiest place to get that answer. It's a company that does seminar training for individuals and companies. The subject matter of the seminars being an opportunity to look at your view of life and the self imposed limits that view puts on you. The results are pretty astonishing in most cases, mine included.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home