If you got here through some happy accident right click and save this link! Tim's Own Thing Blog

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Now What?

Okay...so the latest thing I've learned about blogging...shouldn't have said yesterday what I was gonna talk about today, since I really have no idea how to go about it. Ah, but I am going about it...so I need to erase this and start over....but then I wouldn't be going about it...so I don't need to erase this after all...wait...

Now that that bit of paradoxical inanity is out of the way I can actually get started, and start by really voiding out that whole thing. Saying yesterday what I was going to talk about this week actually does make things easier. The key difference between my first successful blog, Arvil Bren's Journal, and all the previous failures was that I knew every day what it was going to be about. I still had to write it, but I never had to wonder what to write about. Without the things I gained from that success this blog probably would have folded like so many others, because this one I do wonder every day what to write about.

So, first bit of advice to the hopeful new blogger: get your feet wet with a topical blog. Mine was serial fiction. My son with the tarantula collection could post a picture and biography of one of his pets every day for the next three months. My brother could analyze a chess game every day for the rest of forever. People with kids can usually post a stupid thing their kid just did on a daily basis, and many of them do. Pick something you can talk about every day...of interest to you. Don't worry about who else might be interested...whatever the topic there is always somebody on the net looking for it.

1 Comments:

At 11:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tim, today's Blog inspired me to start my own Blog real soon. I had a great time last Thursday hanging out with you and your brother (and Jack). Talking computers and chess was very inspirational. Thanks for being a great friend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home