If you got here through some happy accident right click and save this link! Tim's Own Thing Blog

Friday, March 25, 2005

Around Morrowind In Eighty Days

I just published the eightieth day of Arvil Bren's Journal. I guess that could have been anticipated. Start at day one, some period of time later there is a day eighty. It does follow pretty obviously. But somehow today I'm surprised. Pleased with myself, but surprised.

I have published every Monday through Friday with one exception, a Thursday that went awry. Sometimes I have had ten to fifteen days written ahead, sometimes I have scrambled in the morning to get that day up. I like the former, but do more of the latter it seems. I have pursued readers in any and every way I could think of, and those readers have unknowingly kept a guy who is not really known for consistency ticking along like a clock. In three months I have written about 60,000 words. That is a pace that writes a novel in six months.

When I started writing the book I was working on I knew myself as someone who could write, and said writing a book would be a one year project. I had no idea really what that would take, a year just seemed like a good even figure of time. Now I know. And I know myself to be someone who can write 20,000 words a month on a project; the right project, with the right management. I've been outlining and gathering my wits to start a new project, and I'm almost ready. And this is my management.

Somewhere over there---->, in the sidebar, I'm putting a 'day count' to track how far ahead I am with AB's Journal. I've said my intention is to be ten days ahead, but up until now no one has ever known if I was or I wasn't. A public counter to update will make a difference for me. Along with it next week will be a word counter for the new book. Even if no one ever really looks at them, just updating them every day will keep me on track.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home