If you got here through some happy accident right click and save this link! Tim's Own Thing Blog

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Too Hip

My girlfriend sent me an instant message last night; "are you around?" Busy and scurrying as I have been that seemed like a good way to start a conversation. A simple 'yes' would have been the obvious answer, but master of the obvious is something I automatically avoid.

So my answer was 'no, I'm a purple square.'

On Yahoo chess the listings of who is in a room include the name and rating of the players. For shorthand sorting there is a little block in front of your name, and the color of the block relates to a wide range of ratings. 1500-1800 is purple.

My girlfriend is way too hip to be hanging out with a square. Even a purple one. Glad she loves me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home