If you got here through some happy accident right click and save this link! Tim's Own Thing Blog

Monday, April 11, 2005

A New Week

...and no predetermined subject...boy am I in trouble...NOT! With a whole week of accumulated material I hardly know where to start. I guess last Friday's trip to the laundromat.

Yes I have a washer and dryer. Yes I could do laundry regularly. I could even throw stuff in with my girlfriend's laundry since she generally doesn't have real full loads. But I don't. I enjoy the laundromat too much. There's something monumental about doing all my laundry at once; makes it kind of like climbing Mount Everest. Besides, they seem to be full of people who think they don't want to be there, and that's always amusing.

One woman I met was wishing she was in Hawaii instead. I stood there and looked out the front of the place with her. Strip mall parking lot. Cars. Palm trees. Sky. I lived in Hawaii for three years. Near as I could make out if we had been instantaneously transported to a laundomat in Honolulu we would not have been able to tell the difference if not for the warrior on the license plates. I don't know if she appreciated me pointing that out. Now if I had had to slog my hundred pounds of laundry through the snow to get there I may have seen her point better. If I lived where it snowed I'd have to have fifty more pounds of clothes so I could make it through the entire winter without doing laundry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home