If you got here through some happy accident right click and save this link! Tim's Own Thing Blog

Thursday, April 21, 2005

Do I Pace Myself...

...or am I just bone lazy?

I've been putting down weed barrier for the last two days. Two days, and I'd say the yard is about half done. Four courses of the cloth are down, and I think it will take three more, but the last one is really long. To lay this stuff down involves moving the bed of cinder rock out of the way with a rake, rolling the stuff out, then putting the rock back on top of it. I can do a strip in about an hour. So why only four in two days? Three or four hours rest in between strips is why.

So technically I could have done the job in one day of steady work, but I didn't. I did pretty much anything but work steadily. I would be sure about the bone lazy part, but I was still close to crippled from the effort, so instead I say it's a good thing I know how to pace myself. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it...but I won't fight about it. I'm too sore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home