If you got here through some happy accident right click and save this link! Tim's Own Thing Blog

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

On Vacation

When I took on taking care of my parents some part of me looked at it as an escape. With a roof overhead and food on the plate I would be free of the constant hustling of running businesses or being a salesman, so I could really settle myself, do some soul searching, write a book. What I didn't consider is that life isn't really organized into weekdays and weekends. Health and personal needs take no breaks.

My dad is still in the hospital, but he is getting stronger every day. Friday there's a meeting for training in the even more extensive care he will need when he comes home. Chances are that leaving him to my mom, even for a day, is going to be a thing of the past.

So I've escaped for a few days to a resort in Palmdale. A couple days here is probably going to have to carry me through however long dad has left. I'm confident that it will. Even though the groundskeeper and the pool man are both me, the company is that good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home