If you got here through some happy accident right click and save this link! Tim's Own Thing Blog

Monday, April 18, 2005

It's A Dog's Life

Jack is spoiled. He is spoiled in a way that I've never seen a dog spoiled. I did it. I admit it. I'm not even sorry about it. I wish everyone could spoil their dog this way.

Jack gets some treats to eat now and then, but he has to work for them by learning commands, so he isn't spoiled that way. Sometimes he gets a substitute for his dinner, like a bacon cheeseburger or meat loaf and bread, but it's a substitute not a bonus, and I make sure that the ratio of protein to filler is about the same as his dog food. So he isn't spoiled that way. Okay, right now some people are saying 'cheeseburger? that dog is spoiled', but really.

How Jack is spoiled is that he is always with me. I work from home. I write, he lays on the couch next to my chair. His designated couch and the only furniture he is allowed on by the way. I go take care of stuff at my folks house, he comes along. I go to my girlfriend's house, he comes along. I'm working on some way to get him declared a service animal so he can come to the store with me.

If I claim that being his seeing eye person keeps me from being a threat to society do you think he would qualify?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home