If you got here through some happy accident right click and save this link! Tim's Own Thing Blog

Thursday, May 05, 2005

Gotta love those kids

Today is Thursday. It's trash day. It's the last full work day of the week for my girlfriend. It keeps Wednesday from bumping straight into Friday. No doubt it is lady's night somewhere and dollar drink night somewhere else. But what Thursday means for me is my day to volunteer at the after school program.

Sometimes it is a task. I suppose anything that is scheduled ahead would seem that way in my mostly free form life. But summer is coming on fast and pretty soon my Thursdays will lose this. And I'm gonna miss the heck out of it. I'll miss the other volunteers for sure. But I am really gonna miss those kids.

7 Comments:

At 10:33 AM, Blogger Tim said...

Poems from the kids:

I am a person who wants to
learn
I am a person you can hang around
I am a person you can touch
I am a person you can see
I am a person you can look through
I am a person that is glad
to see a pretty face
I am a person who loves God
I am a person that likes the Gospel
I am a person who can see the
golden streets in heaven

So worship the Lord with gladness
Come before Him with joyful songs

By: Amnisty


I am funny and interesting
I feel others pain
I touch people's lives
I am funny and interesting

I have mixed feelings
I hurt when people call me names
I always try my best
I am funny and interesting

I cry knowing I am going to die
I rejoice knowing I am going to heaven
I imagine a better place
I am funny and interesting

By: Matt Harmon

 
At 12:50 PM, Blogger paul v said...

Hey i enjoyed the poetry!

these two lines hit me in the heart!

wow!

"I am a person who can see the
golden streets in heaven"

"I rejoice knowing I am going to heaven"

 
At 1:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think these two by Amnisty and Matt are both very beautiful poems, as I am sure the poems of the other boys and girls are. As someone who has almost no time these days to slow down and see the beauty in life, these poems were a re-awakening. Please tell these two that their poetry made someone very happy today, and may they be happy forever. Thank you.

 
At 3:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Matt and Amnisty, cngratulations on your poems! I loved them to bits as they send such a clear "see ME not a kid" message to all. Beautiful verse indeed. Aa a poet myself I find it most reassuring that the future of poetry and it's magic is in such good hands!! Well done!
Love and Light, Alan

 
At 6:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amnisty and Matt wonderful wonderful writing and keep up the great work!

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger RC said...

Amnisty, Matt, great Poems!

I hope to see more soon, have a nice weekend!

 
At 4:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hola from Panama! Amnisty and Matt: Thank you for sharing these beautiful poems with Us.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home