If you got here through some happy accident right click and save this link! Tim's Own Thing Blog

Friday, May 27, 2005

Throwback To A Simpler Era

This morning Jack was checking his doggie e-mail as usual. Doggie e-mail is of course read by smell, and Jack's mailbox is my girlfriend's front lawn. Anyway, I was standing around on the end of my leash, and just looking at stuff with that strange eye you get when you are waiting.

What struck me was the neat scallops that her gardener cuts around the sprinklers. I remember seeing those all the time when I was a kid, but they struck me strange because you never really see them any more. Cutting the grass really low around the sprinkler lets the water spray out without being blocked in. Otherwise you have to set the sprinklers way up high and risk chopping them with the lawnmower. Oh. Or else you get those newfangled pop up sprinkler heads!! The ones that have been around for twenty years or so. You can see examples of this fine technology right there in my girlfriend's front lawn. The way the grass is cut bald around them they are readily observable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home