If you got here through some happy accident right click and save this link! Tim's Own Thing Blog

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Good Thing I'm Not A Cat

Curiousity would kill me for sure.

Last night I went to the Subway for sandwiches. My girlfriend wanted a 'B.M.T.' I asked what that was. Since she was ordering it I thought it was reasonable to think she would know. "It's Italian. They know what it is." Fundamentally, as long as you get the right sandwich I guess it doesn't matter what the letters stand for.

So I'm in line at the Subway, where I can read the ingredients on the menu board. I can't get 'bacon, mayonaisse, tomato' out of my head, but those aren't Italian and are not in the sandwich. Salami, pepperoni; the initials are not related to the sandwich in any way I can find. And they are a registered trademark. That much I get from the menu board.

When I get to the counter I have given not thought one to what I want on my sandwich, but now I have someone to ask. "I'll have a BMT on wheat, and something else on Monterey chedder. What's that stand for by the way?"

"What does what stand for?"

"BMT"

"It's Italian. I don't know." Clearly neither eating them nor selling them requires this piece of knowledge.

I was able to sleep last night, but first thing this morning I was on the internet. Biggest, meatiest, tastiest. How lame is that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home