If you got here through some happy accident right click and save this link! Tim's Own Thing Blog

Saturday, June 25, 2005

For Anyone Who Is Paying Attention

You may have noticed that the blog crashed. More of a fender bender than a crash I suppose. I think something changed in the data feeds from Blogger. I hadn't done anything to my template in quite a while, and suddenly there was a glitch, so I'm blaming them. I skimmed through a bunch of Blogger blogs and every one that I found with the same template was having the same problem.

The template I had was unique in one major way among the out of the box templates at Blogger. I liked the unique feature. If you scroll down on this template to where the sidebar on the right ends you will find blank space underneath it. My old template expanded the main column into that space when it reached the bottom of the sidebar, and I liked that. Unfortunately something changed, and yesterday the post would not squeeze in beside the sidebar, it insisted on starting at the bottom of the sidebar...leaving a big blank space right here! Better a blank space below the sidebar than right in the middle of the post!

Anyway, I like this template, and the effort of putting all the links and stuff back in the sidebar was well spent. I learned some more bits and pieces of html coding, at least as applied to templates on Blogger. I put in a bigger ad block so those of you who are using Google's money to show your appreciation for good blogs have three choices instead of one. I made seperate bubbles for all the cool stuff I have over there, and I really got a refresher in how cool the stuff I have over there is. And last but not least I accepted that as long as the space under the sidebar is not going to fill with widened posts I should fill it with something so I'm going to start looking for more cool stuff I can permanently link over there. Keep an eye open!

1 Comments:

At 4:34 AM, Blogger Marsha Loftis said...

I like the green.

Madie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home