If you got here through some happy accident right click and save this link! Tim's Own Thing Blog

Friday, July 01, 2005

Little Behind In These Parts

We stopped on the way home yesterday for the triple play: gas, bathroom, food stop. In the desolation of Interstate Five through the central valley this turned out to be eating at McDonalds. Not my favorite, but out there there are two kinds of people; choosy and fed. Anyway, it was good for a laugh.

I was eating my salad and looking at my drink cup. Athlete, strange words in foriegn language, flags, and at the upper edge a 'proud marketing partner' logo from the Athen's olympics. As usual my mind filled with conversations...

Franchise holder: Well boy howdy, this campaign y'all came up with is purt' near a good thing, I tell you what!

Mickey D Promo Dep't flunky: I'm glad you like it sir. For the record, which campaign are you talking about? You know we have a new updated marketing campaign for our franchises on a frequent basis.

FH: Well, I'm talkin 'bout this here O-lympics campaign. The Athens one. Athens is back east somewheres, Georgia ain't it? Anywho, these cups with these players are great. Some o' them girls is right purty.

Flunky: Actually, uh, the Athens there was in Greece. And...sir the Olympics were actually last summer.

FH: They was? Well I'll be dad-burned! Are you sure 'bout that son?

Flunky: Uh, yes sir, quite sure.

FH: I dunno son, you might wanna check yer facts there. If they was last summer why would I still be usin these here cups? You tell me that one, mister city slicker.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home