If you got here through some happy accident right click and save this link! Tim's Own Thing Blog

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

They pay these guys why?

This morning as my girlfriend was getting ready for work the radio traffic wizard said something about a road closure. A road closure that could have been critical to her. Naturally, neither of us really heard it that well, though she heard it well enough to know that the road they said was closed did not go past the Lockheed hanger they said the closure was near.

So I called the radio station to get the details. Avenue M between 30th and 40th was the report I got, which was good. I returned the favor by pointing out that Lockheed's facilities are on Avenue P, and I noticed that they didn't mention Lockheed any more in their reports after that. Maybe they listened to me the first time.

They didn't listen the second time I called, after my girlfriend called and told me that she had taken a long detour to get to work as the closure was really between 40th and 50th. I let them know they were off (literally) by a mile, and since there is a major business at 40th and M it really makes a difference. They continued reporting the closure as 30th to 40th all morning though.

Even when they added this detail to the story: the cause of the closure was a collision at M and 50th. I guess they figured the wreckage flew over a mile and landed between 30th and 40th.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home