If you got here through some happy accident right click and save this link! Tim's Own Thing Blog

Monday, July 18, 2005

Lessons of Troy

I was chatting with a bunch of friends about the movie Troy. Admittedly what brought up the topic in the first place was Brad Pitt's bare chest. We immediately steered for deeper waters. The girls in the conversation resisted briefly, but we got there.

The final point to ponder that I came away with as the lesson illustrated by Achilles is:

To be a great warrior one must be, at least temporarily, a sociopath...and society needs great warriors.

Tough problem.

3 Comments:

At 4:41 AM, Blogger vy said...

hi passer...
thanks for dropping by my blog.. ^_^

i wonder how much time you spend everyday in front of your computer between playing blogshares and your FOUR blogs! @_@

sorry, completely OT. ^_^

cheers,
elvy
(elvy liu@blogshares)

 
At 8:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must admit that I'd have difficult allowing the conversation to move away from Brad Pitt's chest....

However.... (damn... now you've got me thinking dirty thoughts...)

Heroes and sociopathy must make an interesting conversation. To save a society the person must momentarily stop giving a damn about the society? Quite the contradiction! Would have loved to have been there for that conversation!

 
At 11:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think just the opposite of sociopath. I think a warrior has a deep commitment to further whatever he or she believes in, whether they happen to be a terrorist oor a US soldier.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home