If you got here through some happy accident right click and save this link! Tim's Own Thing Blog

Thursday, July 21, 2005

World Even Smaller

I got a comment yesterday! Always exciting. This time more exciting because it is a voice from the long past; a friend from my Navy days. I have said that blogging is a great way to keep in touch, and I only wish it had been around twenty years ago, when Danny and I were shipmates. Through all the transfers it just seemed like the thing to do was make new friends rather than keep track of old ones. I regret that now, but I did find Dan and we exchanged some e-mails. Now he's starting a blog, and we know he will always be able to find me here. Maybe not the camaraderie we shared in the engine room of the slammin' Sam, but it's good to have old friends.

Old friends and new friends. My friend Greg is back from Tonga and I'll be seeing him this evening. He also is starting a blog, which eases the pending loss inherent in his return to the midwest.

Here's to the internet, and shrinking the world.
Cheers!

1 Comments:

At 6:44 AM, Blogger Marsha Loftis said...

Here, Here!!, I love the internet.I love blogging. Although I could get a lot more done around my house if it wasn't available. Please give me a 24 hour notice before coming to visit. This will allow me to actually set aside time to pick up a little. :)

Madie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home