If you got here through some happy accident right click and save this link! Tim's Own Thing Blog

Friday, August 05, 2005

Cats Rule

Sneakers has reached the point where she is no longer impressed by Jack the dog. She will make some effort to stay out of his way when they are moving around. She knows he can't see her and might just run her over accidentally. But once she gets settled in someplace and lets him know she is there she clearly expects him to go around her. Usually this leads to her taking a nap while Jack does the I-am-a-herding-dog-and-you-are-supposed-to-move dance. Since he has the persistence of an Australian Shepherd and she has the sleeping ability of a cat this can go on for some time.

Last night though the game reached a new level. Out of all the rooms, and a vast selection of floor space, Sneakers opted to sleep right in front of Jack's food bowl. He capered about the kitchen, where the usual dance is punctuated with the occassional slip on the wood floor, much to her amusement. Eventually though it was dinner time. When I picked up Jack's bowl I got a twitch of the ears from her majesty; when I came back and set it down I got the one eye slitted open 'how dare you' look. Jack tried desperately to find a place to stand so he could eat that didn't involve stepping on her.

Thinking that I am the head of this pack I took matters (literally) into my own hands, picked her up and took her to the bedroom. She complained bitterly all the way, then stalked off the bed in disdain. I suspect after three or four nights of being rousted at three AM to open the door for her I will be forgiven. At least I hope so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home