If you got here through some happy accident right click and save this link! Tim's Own Thing Blog

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Jack The Clean Dog

I felt bad. Jack and I have been at my girlfriend's house for a couple weeks, so he has been missing his daily car rides. He loves to ride in the car. He knew today as I gathered things up and shut off computers and fans that we were leaving. When I got his leash he was ecstatic.

He leaped into the car and curled up contentedly in his usual spot on the back seat and rode along merrily. When the car stopped and I opened the door he jumped out, nose high, sniffing for home. Then, joy of joys, he realized we weren't at home, but in a strange but familiar place with hundreds of fascinating smells!

He sniffed, and marked the low wall. He sniffed and marked bushes. He sniffed the wall by the door as I opened it, but before he could add his mark to what is surely hundreds of others he recognized that door. We didn't have my mom's little dog to drop off. That meant there was one reason ... and only one reason, for us to be at the groomers.

Tonight he is clean, and happy. I'm glad he is forgiving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home