If you got here through some happy accident right click and save this link! Tim's Own Thing Blog

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

World's Best Wake Up Call

When I was a kid I couldn't wait to get away. It took a long time to get over being mad at my parents for their choice of place to live. In the Navy I developed a viewpoint that all places were basically the same and ended up living here again when I got out. A few years later my point of view had forcibly changed. What a hell hole. No one is more surprised than me that when my parents needed somebody it was me who ended up back here.

But on this day there is nowhere on earth that I would rather be than in the Antelope Valley, waking up to those window rattling sonic booms. Welcome back.

1 Comments:

At 12:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad they made it back safely. We watched the touchdown this morning in first period...

A salute to all those astronauts out there, in space or training down on earth.

-Bravo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home