If you got here through some happy accident right click and save this link! Tim's Own Thing Blog

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Magic

A few days ago I wrote an episode of Arvil Bren's Journal that I thought was one of the best in a long time, possibly ever. It was late at night and not ideal conditions, but somehow things just gelled. I told my girlfriend about it with great enthusiasm, and we waited for the comments. Understand, Arvil Bren's Journal gets comments all the time. It has a lot more readers than this blog, and many of them are very vocal. And no one said a word.

Tonight I was writing, and she asked if there were any comments. She also asked if I had checked the counters lately. I had. No drop in the reader count. They just haven't been commenting for whatever reason. So here's the magic part. When I finished writing and posted tonight's episode I found a new comment, written by someone out in the world at about the same time we were talking. It starts by saying...

Pretty quiet on the comments as of late....

Connections. They might as well have been in the room with our conversation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home