If you got here through some happy accident right click and save this link! Tim's Own Thing Blog

Friday, February 04, 2005

Lady Macbeth's dog

On Thursday nights I practice guitar with a friend of mine. We go to this coffeehouse after he gets off work. I'm learning a song he does, he's learning a song I can do. We both have a couple other songs we're working on. It's not like a free concert, by any means. But we are learning to play together, which brings a whole new aspect to our guitar journeys. Anyway, this post isn't about guitars.

The coffeeshop girl, who puts up with us once a week, is reading Macbeth. When I saw it in her hand last night I couldn't help myself. I quoted, "Out damn spot." My partner in auditory assault was baffled until I pointed out the book. "Lady Macbeth. One of Shakespere's most famous lines. You'd think with all the dialog he wrote that no one would remember Lady Macbeth talking to her dog."

Greg looked doubtful, but puzzled. Then our hostess looked up. "I don't think she has a dog. Are you sure that was her?" The youth of America, always letting the truth get in the way of a good story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home