If you got here through some happy accident right click and save this link! Tim's Own Thing Blog

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

The big night out

It is amazing how life changes. There's a line from a Jimmy Buffett song; "These days I'm up about the time I used to go to bed, Livin large was once the deal, now I watch the stars instead." Last night really brought that home to me.

Among my other functions I am my mom's driver, lug and toter, and all around aide-de-camp. For her part she is the neighborhood Costco card wielder. We needed a couple things for dad and the next door neighbors needed to make one of their occasional stock up trips. We waited for them to get home from work and off we went. I was well prepared with a blonde joke that I thought was hilarious, courtesy of my girlfriend (who incidentally has the most beautiful blonde hair). I tried the joke on mom in the car. Mom's are great, you can kinda get a feel for the timing of the joke and you know they'll laugh. While we ate I ran it for the neighbor couple (she's also blonde). A good joke, a good meal, good folks; what more could a man ask of a Monday night?

So here I am. Who could ever have predicted back in the day that my idea of a big night out would be dinner at Costco with mom?

PS: I hate to do this, since I have no idea who this joke really belongs to, but like so many funny things it arrived anonymously twenty-seventh hand in my e-mail, but here is the joke of note:

Wayne and his blonde wife live in southern Wisconsin. One winter morning while listening to the radio, they hear the announcer say, "We are going to get 8 to 10 inches of snow today. You must park your car on the even numbered side of the street, so the snowplow can get through."

Wayne's wife moves her car to the even numbered side of the street.

A week later while they are eating breakfast, the radio announcer says, "We are expecting 10 to 12 inches of snow today. You must park your car on the odd numbered side of the street, so the snowplow can get through."

Wayne's wife moves her car again, this time to the odd numbered side of the street.

The next week they are having breakfast again, when the radio announcer says......We are expecting 12 to 14 inches of snow today. You must park your car......................"......THEN all of the electric power goes out !!!

Wayne's wife is very upset, and with a worried look on her face she says to her husband................."Honey, I don't know what to do..... Which side of the street do I need to park the car on so the snow plow can get through?"

With the love and understanding in his voice like all men who are married to Blondes exhibit.... Wayne says..................

"Why don't you just leave it in the garage this time?"


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home