If you got here through some happy accident right click and save this link! Tim's Own Thing Blog

Saturday, January 22, 2005

And they apologized?

Yesterday the weathermen of Raleigh took a beating. The city had been brought to a standstill. Thousands of schoolchildren spent the night trapped with their teachers at their schools. Businessmen spent the night in their offices, trapped with their secretaries. The mayor raved about how the weather service had left them unprepared for events.

The weathermen fell all over themselves. A guy who had predicted a dusting of snow was quoted in my paper. He was so sorry. The woes of an entire city were piling up on his martyred head. I fear he may be suicidal.

I don't think I could have apologized. I don't know the technical measure of 'a dusting', but I figure it can't be too far from the almighty INCH of snow that crushed the good people of Raleigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home