If you got here through some happy accident right click and save this link! Tim's Own Thing Blog

Thursday, January 27, 2005

No trade

I watched 'Wifeswap' last night. Right now, anyone reading this who knows me needs to take a minute to get back in their chairs. Television is pretty unusual for me, reality TV is beyond unusual. The company was good, so I found ways to be amused. True to form, trying to be amused I ended up rolling with laughter and gasping for air.

What got me was the ad for the next episode. Understand this. Last week they swapped a stay at home mom with this career first Nazi. I'm not saying all career first women are Nazis by the way, just this one in particular was. Last night they swapped this classic 'raised to clean and serve' woman with this California new ager. Next week, from the ad, it appears that one of the wives will find herself, surprise, swapped into a lesbian couple. As is apparently required in reality TV, they are committed to being more outrageous every week. So I started wondering, where does this get in a thirteen week television season?

Tune in next week, when Mrs. X gets swapped into the family of Charles, a practicing necrophiliac!

"Welcome to the family! Normally of course you have to spend the first week of the swap living by the 'rules' of our home, but in this case we have made some special provisions. I drilled some airholes in the box where we keep Betty! Kids say hi to your new mom. Sure is gonna be different when we live by her rules for a week, she can talk!"

Alright, so maybe I'm just twisted and they won't get quite that far, but I did crack myself up

I am getting the message of this show though. I wouldn't swap my girlfriend for the whole pack of 'em.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home