If you got here through some happy accident right click and save this link! Tim's Own Thing Blog

Thursday, August 18, 2005

What The World Is Coming To

I found this great article today. It's a very slightly tongue in cheek look at "10 ways that MMORPGs will change the future". The thing that caught my attention was this observation about MMORPGs; "The addiction rate appears to be about twice that of crack Cocaine." I knew that, and fearfully avoided them for a long time.

My experiences with MMORPGs goes back to the days before the internet, when they were known as MUDs. MUD stood for Multi User Dungeon, and 'virtual reality' was strictly the domain of dragon slaying sword and sorcery types. MMORPGs now include all kinds of venues, which is how I slipped. Blogshares is an MMORPG. I have no regrets.

1 Comments:

At 6:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Plantraco's Butterfly Livingroom flyer
Posted Aug 19, 2005, 7:32 AM ET by Barb Dybwad Related entries: Misc. Gadgets , Transportation , Wireless Dude, if only we'd had this thing back in the day when we really needed to annoy our siblings.
Interesting blog! I'm going to bookmark you!

I have a comedy magician blog. It pretty much covers comedy magician related stuff.

If your interested then please come and check it out if you get time :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home