If you got here through some happy accident right click and save this link! Tim's Own Thing Blog

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

What An Honor

I've been comment spammed! For those who saw the extensive plea for you to check out some penny stock I hope you ignored it completely. For those who didn't you didn't miss anything. For anyone who is willing there is an active campaign to flood Blogger's administration with complaints about spam.

In the upper corner there you no doubt see the 'next blog' button. I used to enjoy surfing around once in a while with that. It is set up to favor blogs that have been updated relatively recently I think, at least I know that I got a lot of visitors when I changed templates, which meant a lot of reposting and other republishing. Unfortunately that means the spam blogs, which are 'updated' automatically with bot generated drivel around the useless link they are jamming down everyones throat.

The funny thing of course is that to the best of my knowledge no one pays any attention to these things, other than to be annoyed. It's a serious effort to generate traffic to blogs with great content, how do they think they are going to get anywhere with junk? I'm sure they get hits with their posts full of key words, but really, what's the point?

1 Comments:

At 2:42 PM, Blogger Marsha Loftis said...

I hate comment spam. I received two spams today that were at least a thousand words long. Who writes these things?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home