If you got here through some happy accident right click and save this link! Tim's Own Thing Blog

Friday, March 04, 2005

My Road Dog

Knowing the way that I live I knew that I had to have a good car dog. When I started talking to the Milo Foundation about Jack I stressed that pretty hard. They assured me he would be, but there's always that nagging doubt. Not like a rescue organization would intentionally lie about a dog's characteristics, but I couldn't help but wonder if "yeah, he's good in the car" meant "from what I remember when we brought him in six months ago there wasn't a problem", or if he was really what I meant when I said 'good car dog'.

The final report is in. Yesterday was my volunteer day at the local after school program. I got a call and had to rush home to pick dad off the floor, so I left the car in the driveway. A couple hours later I went out to put it in the garage. The road dog couldn't stand it, he had to go along for the thirty foot ride. If he could see I'd teach him to drive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home