If you got here through some happy accident right click and save this link! Tim's Own Thing Blog

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Sometimes Ya Really Gotta Try

There just isn't much funny about going to traffic court. So I thought anyway. Then I found myself standing in line with a very quick wit.

After appearing this morning, I went back this afternoon to pay my fine. The line for the traffic windows did not seem bad as the morning line when I got in it; about ten people in front of me. When there were twenty people behind me, and still eight in front of me I determined that it was actually worse than the morning line. I did not expect to find much blog material there, but there is this really old joke...

The woman in line behind me was extremely pregnant, and when we got to the front I let her go ahead of me. There had been quite a few remarks about the wait, some a bit funny, many more of the whiny variety. The woman who moved into place behind me had kept herself in pretty good spirits throughout, so I figured even an old joke would be well received. She looked after the pregnant woman, looked at me, and said "that was nice of you."

I had the line ready, having thought about it a dozen times since the pregnant woman got in line, and came back with "y'know, she wasn't even pregnant when she got in line."

Without missing a beat my comedic partner looked up and said "did you do that?"

Very seldom do I let someone have the last word; but a tip of the hat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home