If you got here through some happy accident right click and save this link! Tim's Own Thing Blog

Friday, February 18, 2005

How Can Someone With No Particular Job...

be so busy?

I have two main writing projects, and I alternate between them. My serial fiction project, Arvil Bren's Journal (link is over there---->) sort of sets the pace, since it gets an installment published every day. I work on it until I get a good number of installments 'in the bank', and then work on my book until the bank gets low again. Last week I made a mistake.

I made good progress on the book, I still had five days of AB's Journal 'in the bank', and I took a day off to play a computer game that I'd had for about a month without taking time to play. Well, I took a few days off. Okay, I took pretty much the week off. Then I figured out that the last day that I had for AB's Journal wasn't actually written, it was just notes. I have been scrambling ever since.

Trip to Oakland to get Jack, my mom's computer crisis, my usual care and maintenance at my parent's house; just a lot of stuff going on it seems...and I just can't get ahead on this thing. When I had days in the bank I could knock out three or four in a day, this week it has been a battle just to publish on time every day. What is it about playing catch up that makes everything seem to go so slow?

1 Comments:

At 4:27 AM, Blogger Marsha Loftis said...

I know what you mean. I usually have about four days of writing saved up. I usually just have to make a change or two and then publish. My youngest has been sick for two weeks. I haven't had any sleep, brain is fried. Tried to write at work(don't tell the boss : ).
Everything I tried to write sounded like a second grader wrote it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home