If you got here through some happy accident right click and save this link! Tim's Own Thing Blog

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Packaging

Yesterday was a Costco run day. We had to take the Compaq back. I'm really impressed by Costco's return policy. Anyway, since we were there, and had no time or inclination for the usual cruise around, I took off on the fast circuit to get the necessities while mom perused the book section for her week's worth of reads.

Danishes for dad's breakfasts, a jar of peperoncinis and a pack of babybel cheeses for me, a couple other things we were notably low on, and I was headed back to books. Fortunately mom remembered we needed crackers. I almost missed my weekly cracker aisle amusement.

Cheez-It crackers current marketing program is probably pretty effective. Even though I watch very little television I know I've seen the ads. Somebody has them, somebody wants them, and the slogan gets hammered in at least a few times. "Get your own box." Everybody should have their own supply of Cheez-Its, clearly. And in case you forget, and ask your friend for some of theirs, it is stated in big letters on the back of every box. Yellow on red, and nothing else to detract. All the product info has been moved away to the side panels so the slogan can fairly scream out; "GET YOUR OWN BOX!"

Somehow I can't help but laugh when I walk by the palette full of boxes with slogan proudly displayed. Now how the heck could you tell someone "get your own box" if you were snarfing down Cheez-Its from the Costco standard THREE POUND box?!?

Don't bother me for the next couple days, I gotta chow down on these Cheez-Its before somebody tries to take some away from me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home